How we might live : the Arts and Crafts interior / Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art, Northwestern University ; curated by Stephen F. Eisenman.
- Evanston, IL : Northwestern University, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- 23 p. : col. ill. ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryV 2564Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "This catalogue is published in conjunction with the exhibition How we might live: The arts and crafts interior, curated by Professor Stephen F. Eisenman, Department of art history, Northwestern University ... organized by the Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art"--T.p. verso.
Illustrations on fold-out endpapers.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts and crafts movement -- Exhibitions.Arts and crafts movement.Decorative arts -- Exhibitions.Decorative arts.Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)Morris, William, 1834-1896 -- Influence.Morris, William, 1834-1896.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- The arts and crafts movement in England and the United States, an introduction / by Patrick L. Tomlin
- "How we might live": Perspectives of Morris and Stickley / by Stephen F. Eisenman
- "Gardening with silk and gold": Embroideries by May Morris and John Henry Dearle / by Justine DeYoung
- William De Morgan's "Persian" designs / by Shalini Seshadri.