Crompton-Stansfield, Mary Evelyn Maude, 1862-1946, Sketches in Yorkshire, approximately 1880
Sketches in Yorkshire.
- England, approximately 1880.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (11 drawings) ; 25 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process DA670.Y6 C76 1880+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Drawings & Watercolors
- The front pastedown is inscribed: "Mary Evelyn Maude Crompton Stansfield, from her gt. aunt Henrietta, Esholt Hall, Sept. 1879."
In: Improved sketching book [blank volume], published by Webb & Millington. The volume is in green paper wrappers, the front cover of which bears an engraved illustration of Leeds Town Hall.
Drawings are in varied media, including graphite and watercolor. Identified subjects in the sketchbook include Speeton Cliffs and Kirkstall, the latter dated February 13th, 1880.
- Subject Terms:
- Crompton, Henrietta Matilda, 1793-1881.Crompton-Stansfield, Mary Evelyn Maude, 1862-1946.Kirkstall (England) -- Pictorial works.Yorkshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Landscape drawings -- England -- Yorkshire.
Travel sketches -- England -- Yorkshire.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.