We happy few : an anthology / by Owen Rutter ; with eleven engravings by John O'Connor.
- London : Golden Cockerel Press, 1946.
- Physical Description:
- 150 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1111.H5 R88 1946Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Foreword signed: Dorothy Rutter.
"We Happy Few has been designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1-5 Poland Street, London, W.1. The edition has been limited to 750 copies. Numbers 1-100 are specially bound."--Verso of title page.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 171
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 42 of 100 copies specially bound (by Sangorski & Sutcliffe, London) in red and blue quarter morocco and gilt-stamped white cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 20th century.English poetry -- 20th century.Great Britain -- History, Military -- Literary collections.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.War poetry.World war, 1939-1945 -- Poetry.
- Wood engravings -- 1946.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- I. Britain at war
- II. Britain at sea
- III. Britain in the air.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.