Pushkin, Aleksandr Sergeevich, 1799-1837, The tale of the golden cockerel , 
- The tale of the golden cockerel / by Pushkin.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Skazka o zolotom petushke. English
- London : Golden Cockerel Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 22,  pages : illustrations ; 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPG3347.S52 Z6 1936Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engravings by Robert Gibbings.
"Printed in Great Britain, at the Golden Cockerel Press ... Compositor: A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: H. Barker. The tale of the golden cockerel has been translated from the Russian of Alexander Sergeyevitch Pushkin by Hannah Waller, with a note on Pushkin and the tale by Raïssa Lomonossova. The edition is limited to 100 numbered copies printed on hand-made paper, numbered 1-100. There will also be an unlimited edition printed on machine-made paper, un-numbered."--Colophon.
Translation of: Skazka o zolotom petushke.
Title page printed in gold.
Note dated 1936.
Limited edition of 100 numbered copies printed in gold and black on hand-made paper, full bound in cloth of gold. Unlimited edition printed in black only, on machine-made paper, bound in red coth, with yellow jacket wrapper.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 115
BAC: British Art center copy is no. 86 of 100 copies on handmade paper. Bound in red and gold cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Fairy tales.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Russian poetry -- Translations into English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1936.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.