The wisdom of the Cymry , 1939
- The wisdom of the Cymry / translated from the Welsh triads, by Winifred Faraday.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1939.
- Physical Description:
- 47,  pages 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6307.W4 F37 1939Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The wisdom of the Cymry has been printed by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press in Eric Gill's sans-serif type, with the title-page engraved in wood by Averil Mackenzie-Grieve. This edition is limited to 60 copies, printed on hand-made paper. (There will also be an unlimited editon.)"--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 144
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 5 of 60, printed on hand-made paper. Bound in original patterned gold cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Maxims.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Quotations, Welsh.Triads (Literature)
- Wood engravings -- 1939.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.