Baker, Malcolm, 1945-, The marble index , 
The marble index : Roubiliac and sculptural portraiture in eighteenth-century Britain / Malcolm Baker.
- New Haven : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 418 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNB466 .B355 2014 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -394) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Portrait sculpture, British -- 18th century.Roubiliac, Louis François, 1702-1762 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Introduction: addressing the sculptural portrait
- The place of sculptural portraiture
- Sculptural conventions and meaning
- Setting up the head and the statue
- Making images
- A portrait sculptor, his sitters and his viewers: Roubiliac and his career
- Celebrating the illustrious
- Groups, networks and connections
- Contemporary heads.