La belle O'Morphi : a brief biography / by Patrick De Heriz ; with illustrations by Francois Boucher.
- [London] : The Golden Cockerel Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 35,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC135.M87 D4 1947Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Place and date of publication from Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press.
"La belle O'Morphi has been designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Goden Cockerel Press, in 'Garamond' type (with the title in Fournier) on Arnold's mould-made paper. Composition, press-work, and collotyping of the pictures by François Boucher have been supervised by F.J. Newbery. Compositor: J. Hepburn. Pressman: A.J. Curran. The edition is limited to 750 numbered copies of which nos. 1-100 are specially bound."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 173
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 750, signed by the author; one of 100 copies bound in publisher's original dark blue half morocco with crimson buckram boards
- Subject Terms:
- O'Murphy, Louison, 1737-1815.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.