IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Choris, Louis, 1795-1828, Vues et paysages des régions équinoxiales , MDCCCXXVI 
Vues et paysages des régions équinoxiales / recueillis dans un voyage autour du monde, par Louis Choris ; avec une introduction et un texte explicatif.
- Paris : Imprimé chez Paul Renouard, rue Garencière, No 5, MDCCCXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , 32 pages, , XXIV leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 45 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 35Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Some copies issued with a letter to "l'Empereur de toutes les Rousies," ( pages), dated 1827. See: Forbes.
Lithographs by Francisque Noel; after Louis Choris.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 12885
Forbes, I, 632
BEIN EEcd 815E Copy 2: With a letter to the Czar of Russia ( p.) dated 1827.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary green quarter leather and marbled boards. With the engraved letter to "l'Empereur de toutes les Rousies," ( pages), dated 1827.
"In July 1815 Choris, at the age of 20, joined Otto von Kotzebue's expedition on the Rurik as the official artist. This was the first Russian circumnavigation devoted exclusively to scientific purposes and several well-known scientists contributed greatly to its success. Choris made a great many drawings during this voyage. In 1822 he published Voyage Pittoresque autour du monde . .. Despite his using many of his drawings in that work, Choris found 24 subjects among the remaining drawings which he published 4 years later in [the present work]"--Lada-Mocarski.
- Subject Terms:
- Choris, Louis, 1795-1828.Natural history.Oceania -- Pictorial works.Ri͡urik (Brig)Tropics -- Description and travel.Voyages around the world.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1826.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.