Choris, Louis, 1795-1828, Vues et paysages des régions équinoxiales , MDCCCXXVI 
- Vues et paysages des régions équinoxiales / recueillis dans un voyage autour du monde, par Louis Choris ; avec une introduction et un texte explicatif.
- Paris : Imprimé chez Paul Renouard, rue Garencière, No 5, MDCCCXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , 32 pages, , XXIV leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 45 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 35Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "In July 1815 Choris, at the age of 20, joined Otto von Kotzebue's expedition on the Rurik as the official artist. This was the first Russian circumnavigation devoted exclusively to scientific purposes and several well-known scientists contributed greatly to its success. Choris made a great many drawings during this voyage. In 1822 he published Voyage Pittoresque autour du monde . .. Despite his using many of his drawings in that work, Choris found 24 subjects among the remaining drawings which he published 4 years later in [the present work]"--Lada-Mocarski.
Some copies issued with a letter to "l'Empereur de toutes les Rousies," ( pages), dated 1827. See: Forbes.
Lithographs by Francisque Noel; after Louis Choris.
Forbes, I, 632
BEIN EEcd 815E Copy 2: With a letter to the Czar of Russia ( p.) dated 1827.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary green quarter leather and marbled boards. With the engraved letter to "l'Empereur de toutes les Rousies," ( pages), dated 1827.
- Subject Terms:
- Choris, Louis, 1795-1828.Natural history.Oceania -- Pictorial works.Ri͡urik (Brig)Tropics -- Description and travel.Voyages around the world.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1826.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.