IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pervigilium Veneris =, 1939
Pervigilium Veneris = the vigil of Venus / translation by F.L. Lucas ; engravings by John Buckland-Wright.
- Additional Title(s):
Vigil of Venus
Pervigilium Veneris. English & Latin.
- [London] : The Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, 1939.
- Physical Description:
- 27,  pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6557 .P47 1939+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title across facing pages.
Parallel Latin and English texts.
"Privately printed in Great Britain for subscribers only, at the Golden Cockerel Press, in 14pt. Golden Cockerel type, on Batchelor hand-made paper, and finished on the 31st day of August, 1939. Compositor, A.H. Gibbs. Pressman, H. Barker. The edition is limited to 100 numbered copies."--Verso of title page.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 141
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 7 of 100. Bound in original yellow full morocco, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 20th century -- Translations from Latin.Latin poetry -- Translations into English.Latin poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Aquatints -- 1939.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.