One hundred and eleven poems / by Robert Herrick ; selected arranged & illustrated by Sir William Russell Flint P.R.W.S. R.A.
- [London] : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1955.
- Physical Description:
- 127,  pages : illustrations ; 29 cm and  leaves : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3511 .F55 1955+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "One hundred and eleven poems by Robert Herrick has been produced for subscribers by the Golden Cockerel Press. The paper has been hand-made and specially watermarked by Arthur Millbourn and Company. The watercolour paintings and the crayon have been reproduced by colour-collotype at the Chiswick Press, London, and the type was set and printed by the Baynard Press, London. The edition is limited to 550 numbered copies, of which numbers 1-105 have been bound in white alum-tanned sheepskin and are accompanied by eight extra plates. Numbers 106-550 are bound in cream parchment with blue cloth boards."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 24 of 550, signed by Flint. One of 105 copies bound in white alum-tanned sheepskin (by Sangorski & Sutcliffe) and accompanied by eight extra plates. In marble paper covered case.
- Subject Terms:
- Baynard Press -- Printer.Chiswick Press -- Printer.England -- England -- London.English poetry.Golden Cockerel Press.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Private presses.Sangorski & Sutcliffe -- Binder.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1955.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.