In plain sight : discovering the furniture of Nathaniel Gould / Kemble Widmer and Joyce King ; with essays by Glenn Adamson, Daniel Finamore, Dean Thomas Lahikainen and Elisabeth Garrett Widmer.
- Additional Title(s):
Discovering the furniture of Nathaniel Gould
- Salem : Peabody Essex Museum, in association with, D Giles Limited, London, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 284 pages : illustrations ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryNK2439.G68 A4 2014 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Dissertations & Theses
- "In Plain Sight: Discovering the Furniture of Nathaniel Gould accompanies the exhibition organized by the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts, on view from November 15, 2014 through March 1, 2015."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Furniture -- Massachusetts -- Salem -- Exhibitions.Gould, Nathaniel, 1731-1781 -- Criticism and interpretation.Gould, Nathaniel, 1731-1781 -- Exhibitions.
- In Plain Sight / Kemble Widmer and Joyce King
- Behind the Curve? Putting Nathaniel Gould in Perspective / Glenn Adamson
- Grand Houses and Rural Retreats / Dean Thomas Lahikainen
- Brides, Housewives, and Hostesses: Acquiring, Using, Caring for and Enjoying Mr. Gould's Furniture / Elisabeth Garrett Widmer
- 'Desks took on bord' in Nathaniel Gould's Caribbean Furniture Trade / Daniel Finamore
- The Business of Cabinetmaking / Kemble Widmer and Joyce King
- Catalogue of Nathaniel Gould's Furniture Forms / Kemble Widmer and Joyce King.