Gill, Eric, 1882-1940, Art & prudence , MCMXXVIII 
- Art & prudence : an essay / by Eric Gill, T.O.S.D.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Art and prudence
- Waltham Saint Lawrence : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- , 18,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN70 .G55 1928Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Delivered as a lecture at Manchester University on 7th February, 1928. It was subsequently printed in the University Catholic record. It has been revised and the plates engraved specially for this edition"--Publisher's note.
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, and completed on the 12th day of June, 1928. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs & F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. This edition is limited to 500 copies."--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references.
Gill, Evan. Gill (2nd ed.), 15
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 61
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 106 of 500. Bound in original red buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and morals.Art and morals.Art.Art.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Prudence.Prudence.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.