Roses of Sharon : poems chosen from the flower of ancient Hebrew literature / with an introduction, by W.O.E. Oesterley, D.D. ; 12 wood-engravings by Mary Groom.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- , 58,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBS1200.A3 O37 1937Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "These 'Roses of Sharon' have been printed in Perpetua type on F.J. Head's hand-made paper by Christopher & Anthony Sandford and Owen Rutter and finished on the 18th day of October, 1937. The edition is limited to 125 copies, nos. 1-10 being specially bound."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 127
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 52 of 125. Bound in publisher's original green half morocco and red buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Hebrew literature -- Translations into English.Hebrew literature.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1937.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.