Swinburne, Algernon Charles, 1837-1909, Hymn to Proserpine , 1944
Hymn to Proserpine / by Algernon Charles Swinburne; engravings by John Buckland-Wright.
- London : Printed in Great Britain at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1944.
- Physical Description:
- 9,  pages: illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5506 .H96 1944Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Printed by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in Caslon Old Face type on our special Tree and Serpent watermarked hand-made paper, and is finished on the 10th day of January, 1944. The poem is printed by permission of Messrs. Heinemann. The edition is limited to 350 copies: Nos: 1-50 contain 1 extra engraving and are specially bound."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 159
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 6 of 350. Bound in purple morocco with gilt-stamped green inlay, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 19th century.English poetry.Golden Cockerel Press.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Handmade papers (Paper)
Wood engravings -- 1944.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.