Lucas, F. L. (Frank Laurence), 1894-1967, Gilgamesh, king of Erech , 1948
Gilgamesh, king of Erech / by F.L. Lucas ; with twelve engravings by Dorothea Braby.
- London : Printed in Great Britain at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1948.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-63,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6023.U33 G45 1948Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page printed in gold and black.
"Gilgamesh has been designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1-5 Poland Street, London, W.1. Composition and presswork under the supervision of James Shand at the Shenval Press, Hertford. Compositors: H.R. Sheldrake and R.J. Cracknell. Pressman: E.F. Brooks. The edition has been limited to 500 numbered copies, of which nos. 1-60 have been specially bound."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 180
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 12 of 500. Signed by the author and artist. Bound in publisher's original brown half morocco with yellow cloth boards.
"A free retelling of the Sumero-Babylonian tale of Gilgamesh."--Page 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Erech (Extinct city) -- Kings and rulers.Kings and rulers.Middle East -- Erech (Extinct city)Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1948.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.