Crombie, Isobel, Fred Kruger , 
Fred Kruger : intimate landscapes, photographs 1860s-1880s / Isobel Crombie.
- Melbourne, Victoria : National Gallery of Victoria, 
- Physical Description:
- v, 137 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 x 28 cm
- Reference LibraryTR660.5 .K77 2012 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published for the exhibition: Fred Kruger: intimate landscapes. The Ian Potter Centre, NGV Australia at Federation Square, 4 February - 27 May 2012.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Fred Kruger was one of the leading landscape photographers of the 19th century in Australia, working extensively throughout Victoria. Kruger migrated from Germany in 1860 and a few years later opened a photographic studio in Carlton, Melbourne before moving his thriving practice to Geelong.
- Subject Terms:
- Kruger, Fred, 1831-1888 -- Exhibitions.Landscape photography -- Australia -- Victoria.