Hogg, Thomas Jefferson, 1792-1862, The Athenians , 1943
- The Athenians : being correspondence between Thomas Jefferson Hogg and his friends, Thomas Love Peacock, Leigh Hunt, Percy Bysshe Shelley, and others / edited by Walter Sidney Scott.
- London : Published, for the first time, by The Golden Cockerel Press, 1943.
- Physical Description:
- 86,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4793.H64 A84 1943Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, on Arnold's mould-made paper in Perpetua type, and finished on the 30th day of October, 1943. The edition is limited to 350 numbered copies. Nos. 1-50 are specially bound and contain collotype reproductions from letters by T.J. Hogg, P.B. Shelley, T.L. Peacock and Leigh Hunt."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 158
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 11 of 350; signed by the editor. Bound in red morocco, by Leighton-Straker.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence.Authors, English.Hogg, Thomas Jefferson, 1792-1862 -- Correspondence.Hogg, Thomas Jefferson, 1792-1862.Hunt, Leigh, 1784-1859 -- Correspondence.Hunt, Leigh, 1784-1859.Peacock, Thomas Love, 1785-1866 -- Correspondence.Peacock, Thomas Love, 1785-1866.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Shelley, Percy Bysshe, 1792-1822 -- Correspondence.Shelley, Percy Bysshe, 1792-1822.
- Records and correspondence.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1943.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.