Philby, H. St. J. B. (Harry St. John Bridger), 1885-1960, A pilgrim in Arabia , 1943
- A pilgrim in Arabia / H. St. J.B. Philby.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1943.
- Physical Description:
- 191,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS207 .P45 1943Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, London E.C. 4, in Perpetua type on Arnold's mould-made paper, and finished on the 3rd day of March, 1943. The edition is limited to 350 numbered copies. No. 1-30 are bound in full Niger and contain a short photographic supplement. Nos. 31-350 are bound in 1/4 Niger."--Colophon.
With a frontispiece portrait of the author by E.A. Montgomery.
"Collotype supplement, from photographs taken by the author. This supplment has been limited to 30 copies to acompany the first 30 copies of the book."-- pages at end.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 154
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 30 of 350, signed by the author, bound in full Niger (by Sangorski & Sutcliffe), and with the photographic supplement. Bound in red leather. Signed by the author.
- The Meccan pilgrimage -- "The city illumined": Madina -- The queen of the desert: Riyadh -- Qarnait: the coronet -- A Persian holiday.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian Peninsula -- Description and travel.Arabian Peninsula.Iran -- Description and travel.Iran.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Travel.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1943.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.