Wells, H. G. (Herbert George), 1866-1946, The country of the blind , 1939
- The country of the blind : 1939 / by H.G. Wells ; with engravings by Clifford Webb.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1939.
- Physical Description:
- 67,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5774 .C68 1939Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed and published by Christopher Sandford & Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, London, in 14 point Golden Cockerel handset type (with the introduction and appendix in 13 point Perpetua type) on Batchelor's hand-made paper and finished on the sixth day of September, 1939. Compositor: A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: H. Barker. The edition is limited to 280 numbered copies. Numbers 1-30 are signed by the author & artist."--Colophon.
Includes the 1904 version of the story.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 142
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 4 of 280, signed by the author and artist. Bound in original orange vellum, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. In original slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- English fiction -- 20th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Webb, Clifford -- Autograph.Wells, H.G. -- Autograph
- Wood engravings -- 1939.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Handmade paper printings (Printing) -- 1939.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.