The life of Mr. Jonathan Wild the great / by Henry Fielding ; with seven etchings on copper by Denis Tegetmeier.
- Additional Title(s):
- Waltham St. Lawrence, Reading, Berkshire : Printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1932.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 278,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3454 .J64 1932Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book was printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, by Robert and Moira Gibbings, & completed on the 4th day of July, 1932. Except for correcting a few obvious misprints, the text is taken from the edition of 1743. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. 350 copies have been printed."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 83
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 143 of 350. Bound in publisher's original cream buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Criminals -- Fiction.London (England) -- Fiction.Organized crime -- England -- London -- Fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Wild, Jonathan, 1682?-1725 -- Fiction.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Etchings -- 1932.
YCBA Collections Search
Fielding, Henry, 1707-1754, The life of Mr. Jonathan Wild the great , 1932
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.