Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974, Flowers and faces , 1935
Flowers and faces / by H.E. Bates ; engravings by John Nash.
- [London] : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1935.
- Physical Description:
- 52,  p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6003.A965 F56 1935Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Iq B318 935F Copy 1: "No. 260." Presentation inscription to Reginald A. Hadys-Scott from H.E. Bates.
BEIN Iq B318 935F Copy 2: No. 51. 4 plates signed by Nash laid in back. Presentation inscription to Ray L. Murphy from H.E. Bates,
"The book of Flowers and faces has been printed in Golden Cockerel type by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery, Owen Rutter and Joan Grant at the Golden Cockerel Press, and completed on the first day of June, 1935 ... The edition is limited to 325 copies, of which numbers 1-6 are printed on vellum and 7-325 on Batchelor hand-made Paper. Numbers 301-325 are not for sale."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 27 of a limited edition of 325 copies. Signed by the author. Bound in green morocco, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974 -- Autograph.Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974 -- Presentation inscription to R.A.A. Scott.Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974 -- Presentation inscription to R.L. Murphy.Flower gardening.Gardening -- Personal narratives.Golden Cockerel Press -- Publisher.Hadys-Scott, Reginald A. A. -- Presentation inscription from H.E. Bates.Murphy, Ray Livingston, 1923- -- Presentation inscription from H.E. Bates.Nash, John, 1893-1977 -- Autograph.Sangorski & Sutcliffe -- Bookbinder.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1935.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.