A German idyll / by H.E. Bates ; with wood engravings by Lynton Lamb.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence in Berkshire : Printed and made in Great Britain by The Golden Cockerel Press, 1932.
- Physical Description:
- , 39,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6003.A965 G47 1932Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This book was printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, by Robert and Moira Gibbings, assisted by George Churchill, and completed on the 26th day of April, 1932. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 307 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 81
BEIN Iq B318 932G: "No. 304. [Signed] H.E. Bates." Author's autograph presentation copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 42 of 307; signed by the author. Bound in publisher's original red quarter morocco with beige and red patterned cloth; by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974 -- Autograph.Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974 -- Inscription.English literature -- 20th century.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1932.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.