The County of Cambridge [cartographic material] : containing the city & county town, with the market towns, rivers, roads, & distances / by Eman. Bowen, Geographer to His Majesty.
- [London] : Engrav'd for the General Magazine, of Arts and Sciences ; 1759.
For W. Owen, at Temple Bar, 1759.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 17.8 x 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 3gYale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [1:447,000].
- From: The Natural History of England / Benjamin Martin. London, 1759-1763.
"The Natural History of England" was published as part of Martin's "The General Magazine of Arts and Sciences ..."
Shows boundaries, roads with distances, drains and fens, and settlements.
Issued in November 1759.
Relief shown pictorially.
County of Cambridge.
BAC: British Art Center copy is hand-colored. On sheet 22.7 x 20.9 cm.
- Subject Terms:
- Cambridgeshire (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- England -- Cambridgeshire.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1759.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.