Cambridgeshire , 1824
- Cambridgeshire : in which is laid down every parish and place containing upwards of 40 houses.
- [London] : Published by G. & W.B. Whittaker, 13 Ave Maria Lane, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 17.9 x 10.0 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 3kYale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- approximately 1:500,000
- Drawn and engraved by Henry Cooper (see: Fordham). The engraver's name is erased in the present version.
From Benjamin Pitts Capper's A topographical dictionary of the United Kingdom (London : G. & W.B. Whittaker, 1825). Originally published in 1808.
Bar scale in British miles.
Fordham, H.G. Cambridgeshire maps, II, p. 165-166
BAC: British Art Center copy is hand-colored. On sheet 21.9 x 11.4 cm.
- Subject Terms:
- Cambridgeshire (England) -- Maps.
- Maps -- England -- Cambridgeshire.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.