IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomson, James, 1700-1748, The seasons , 1927
The seasons / by James Thomson : with five pictures by Jacquier and an introduction by John Beresford.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1927.
- Physical Description:
- xx, , 198,  pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3732 .S54 1927+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- The engraved illustrations are included in the pagination.
"Of this edition of The seasons 1,500 copies have been printed for sale in England and America: the text by the Kynoch press, Birmingham; the pictures by A. Alexander and Sons. The copper-plates were engraved by C. Sigrist, and the prints were water-coloured through stencils by the Curwen Press."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 47
BEIN Z78 0103: No. 865.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 321 of 1500. Bound in red, blue, and gray marbled cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 18th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.