The method of cutting up a stag.
- [London] : T. Durham, no. 34 Cockspur St., Charing Cross, Jany. 1st, 1793.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : engraving ; plate mark 22.5 x 18 cm, on sheet 23.7 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS1960 .M48 1793+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- On laid paper.
An engraved diagram illustrating how to carve a stag into a haunch, neck, shoulder, breast, and chine. Below the image is a table listing the prices for various cuts of a buck or doe: from £1 11s 6d to £2 12s 6d for a haunch of a buck, with the prices for cuts of doe being considerably cheaper.
- Subject Terms:
- Butchers -- Great Britain.Deer hunting -- Great Britain.Deer.Meat cuts.Meat cutting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Meat industry and trade -- Great Britain.
- Engravings -- England -- 1797.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.