Going to Epsom Races
- Going to Epsom Races : a ludicrious amusement, consisting of modern costume, characters, dandies, equipages, and horsemanship.
- London : Published by S. & J. Fuller, Temple of Fancy, 34 Rathbone Place, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 4 joined sheets : aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 6 x 180 cm, rolled (in wooden case) to 6 x 4 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF335.G7 E67 1819a FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to Henry Alken.
Title and imprint from engraved circular label affixed to the reverse of the sheet.
A variant issue is described in Abbey (Life 472), with title: Epsom Races : the Derby Day. The variant is accordion-folded.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 472
BAC: British Art Center copy is in the original boxwood drum. Uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Epsom Derby, England (Horse race) -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horse racing -- England.
- Aquatints -- 1819.
Scrolls -- England -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.