Gautier, Théophile, 1811-1872, Mademoiselle de Maupin , 1938
- Mademoiselle de Maupin / a romance by Théophile Gautier ; translated by R. & E. Powys Mathers ; engravings by John Buckland Wright.
- [London] : Printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1938.
- Physical Description:
- , 7-284,  pages, ( leaves of plates) : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ2258.M33 E5 1938Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Mademoiselle de Maupin has been printed and published by Christopher and Anthony Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press and completed on the 11th day of January, 1938. Swinburne's Sonnet has been included by kind permission of Messrs. Heinemann. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies printed on Van Gelder paper in Perpetua type. Numbers 1-50 are specially bound and illustrated with twelve plates. Numbers 51-500 have eight plates."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 131
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 31 of 500. Bound in full vellum and illustrated with twelve plates.
- Subject Terms:
- French fiction -- 19th century -- Translations into English.Private press books -- England -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1938.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.