Crystal Palace Soirée, 2014
Crystal Palace Soirée [videorecording] : music inspired by Victorian sculpture.
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (DVD) (60 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 301Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Lucy Fitz Gibbon, soprano, and Lindsay Garritson, pianist, perform as Tim Barringer introduces the various songs and relates them to art and sculpture in the Crystal Palace.
Recording of a performance of Victorian songs inspired by sculpture at th Great Exhibition of 1851, November 19, 2014, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, Connecticut to coincide with the exhibition, Sculpture victorious: art in an age of Invention, 1837-1901. In particular, The Greek Slave, composed by S.W. New in response to Hiram Powers's Greek Slave of 1847.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Powers, Hiram, 1805-1873. Greek slave.Sculpture, Victorian.