The Ephesian story / by Xenophon of Ephesus ; translated from the Greek by Paul Turner ; with illustrations by Eric Fraser.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1957.
- Physical Description:
- 61,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA4500.X46 E5 1957Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of: Ta kata Anthian kai Habrokomēn Ephesiaka, commonly called the Ephesiaca.
Three of the illustrations are included in the pagination.
"Designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London. The composition in Bembo type, the presswork on Saunders' mould-made paper, and the collotyping of Eric Fraser's paintings on linoleum have been done at the Chiswick Press. The bindings are by Mansell's. The edition is limited to 300 copies. Nos. 1-75 are specially bound and accompanined by an extra set of the pictures with one not in the book."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 41 of 300 copies, with the extra set of collotypes. Bound in green full morocco with gilt-stamped illulstrations on front and back covers. In cloth slipcase with extra set of plates in accompanying folder.
- Subject Terms:
- Love stories, Greek.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Romance fiction, Greek -- Translations into English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.