Pencil case lightbox.
- Edinburgh?, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 box : Japanese plywood, electronics, perspex ; 85 x 158 x 40 mm and 4 microscope slides ; 3 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.P74 P46 2012 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View the catalog record for Prentice's Tide in, tide out.
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Accompanied by a printed description (1 sheet). The description includes instructions for use: "Slide the [wooden] lid off the box to open by pulling on the blue tab. Place microscopic slide on the opal screen. Push red button to illuminate. To close, slide the lid back on."
"2012, (edition of 2)"--Printed description.
The four slides reproduce images from the artist's Tide in, tide out (2012). They are housed within a cardboard folder, the cover of which bears another seashore image and the title (Tide in/tide out) written in pen and black ink.
The description sheet is signed and numbered by the artist, in black ink.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 2 of 2.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Scotland.Seashore -- Pictorial works.Tides -- Pictorial works.
- Artists' books -- Scotland.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.