IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Noon, Patrick J, Crossing the Channel , ©2003
Crossing the Channel : British and French painting in the age of Romanticism / Patrick Noon ; with contributions by Stephen Bann [and others].
- London : Tate Pub. ; ©2003.
New York : Distributed in the United States and Canada by Harry N. Abrams, ©2003.
- Physical Description:
- 296 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryND467.5.R6 N66 2003 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Distributed in Great Britain under title: Constable to Delacroix : British art and the French romantics.
Published by order of the Tate Trustees on the occasion of the exhibition at Tate Britain, London, 5 February-11 May 2003 and touring to The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minneapolis, 8 June-7 September 2003 ; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 7 October 2003-4 January 2004.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 284-291) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting, British -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Painting, French -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Romanticism in art -- Catalogs.
- Colour and effect : Anglo-French painting in London and Paris / Patrick Noon
- Print culture and the illustration of history : an Anglo-French perspective / Stephen Bann
- Chronology / Rachel Meredith.