Zastrozzi : a romance / by Percy Bysshe Shelley ; with an introduction by Phyllis Hartnoll and engravings by Cecil Keeling.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1955.
[London] : John Roberts Press, 1955.
- Physical Description:
- 131,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5422 .Z37 1955Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This edition of Zastrozzi has been produced and published by Christopher Sandford at The Golden Cockerel Press, London. It has been printed in Bell type on Japanese vellum by the John Roberts Press. There are 200 copies only. Nos. 1-60 are specially bound and accompanied by extra prints of the eight engravings."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 45 of 200. One of 60 copies specially bound (in gilt-stamped black morocco) and accompanied by extra prints of the eight engravings (in marbled folder).
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 19th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1955.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.