Pastures green and dark satanic mills , 2014
Pastures green and dark satanic mills : the British passion for landscape / Tim Barringer, Oliver Fairclough.
- New York : American Federation of Arts in association with D Giles Limited, London, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 231 pages : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN8214.5.G7 P37 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This catalogue is published in conjunction with Pastures Green & Dark Satanic Mills: The British Passion for Landscape, an exhibition organized by the American Federation of Arts and National Museum Wales.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
"This new book offers a single, encompassing view of the development of landscape painting, photography, and land art in Britain from the eighteenth through to the late twentieth century. It reveals the strong continuity between British landscape art of today and that of over 250 years ago, with works by J.M.W. Turner, John Constable, Thomas Gainsborough, John Piper, David Nash, and Richard Long, amongst many others.Tim Barringer is Paul Mellon Professor of the History of Art, Yale University.Oliver Fairclough is Keeper of Art, National Museum of Wales"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Wales -- Cardiff -- Exhibitions.Earthworks (Art) -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Landscape painting, British -- Exhibitions.Landscape photography -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Landscapes in art -- Exhibitions.National Museum Wales -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Pastures Green and Dark Satanic Mills / Tim Barringer
- 'Hen Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd' : Wales and the Evolution of Landscape Art in Britain / Oliver Fairclough.