Beresford, J. D. (John Davys), 1873-1947, Signs & wonders , MCMXXI 
Signs & wonders / by J.D. Beresford.
- Additional Title(s):
Signs and wonders
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXI 
- Physical Description:
- 151,  pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6003.E74 S54 1921Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Here ends Signs and wonders, the third book printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire. This edition of 1500 copies finished on the 15th of June 1921."--Page 151.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 21
BAC: British Art Center bound in publisher's original beige boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Short stories, English -- 20th century.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
- Prologue: The appearance of man
- Signs and wonders
- The cage
- The perfect smile
- The hidden beast
- The barrage
- The introvert
- The barrier
- The convert
- A negligible experiment
- The miracle
- Young Strickland's career
- A difference of temperament
- Reference wanted
- As the crow flies
- The night of creation.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.