Against women , 1953
- Against women : a satire / translated from the old Welsh by Gwyn Williams ; engravings by John Petts.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Araith ddichan ir gwragedd. English.
- London : Golden Cockerel Press, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- 25,  pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPB2273.A73 A33 1953Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The edition is limited to 350 copies printed for subscribers, in Golden Cockerel type on hand-made paper, by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in the spring of 1953. Nos. 1-100 have one extra illustration and are bound in Indian lizard skins."--Verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center cop is no. 21 of a limited edition of 350 copies. Signed by the translator and the engraver. Bound in red Indian lizard skins by Sangorski & Sutcliffe, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Petts, John -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Williams, Gwyn -- Autograph.Women.Women.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Chromoxylographs -- 1953.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.