Lady from yesterday / by Christopher Whitfield ; printed with wood-engravings by Lettice Sandford.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1939.
- Physical Description:
- 70,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6045.H58 L33 1939Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Printed and published by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, London, E.C. 4, and completed on the fifteenth day of September, 1939. This edition is limited to 50 numbered copies signed by the author, printed on Arnold's hand-made paper in Perpetua type. ... (There will also be and unsigned, unlimited edition.)"--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 143
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of a limited edition of 50 copies. Signed by the author. Bound in red quarter morocco and beige canvas by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Short stories, English -- 20th century.Short stories, English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1939.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.