The saga of Llywarch the Old / a reconstruction by Glyn Jones ; with the verse interludes translated by T.J. Morgan, D.Litt. ; and an introduction by Sir Ifor Williams, D.Litt., F.B.A.
- London : Printed in Great Britain with colour engravings by D. Braby at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1955.
- Physical Description:
- , 7-38 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6060.O64 S24 1955 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6060.O64 S24 1955 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London. Composed in Bembo type and printed on Green's hand-made paper by the Chiswick Press, London. The edition is limited to 200 numbered copies. Numbers 1-60 are specially bound."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is no. 31 of a limited edition of 200 copies. One of 60 specially bound in gilt-stamped natural goatskin.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 171 of a limited edition of 200 copies. Bound in quarter goatskin with brown, green and gold marbled boards. In marbled slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Epic poetry, Welsh -- Adaptations.Llywarch Hen, 496?-646?Llywarch Hen, 496?-646? -- Translations into English.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Welsh poetry.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1955.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.