Whitfield, Christopher, 1902-1967, Mr. Chambers and Persephone , 1937
Mr. Chambers and Persephone : a tale / by Christopher Whitfield ; printed with wood-engravings by Dorothea Braby.
- London : Golden Cockerel Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 62,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6045.H58 .M57 1937Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Mr. Chambers and Persephone has been printed by Christopher & Anthony Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London, and completed on the 10th day of September, 1937. This edition is signed by the author and limited to 150 copies printed in Perpetua type on Arnold's hand-made paper. ... (There is also an unsigned, unlimited edition.)"--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 125
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 21 of 150; signed by the author. Bound in green quarter morocco with yellow cloth boards by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- English fiction -- 20th century.English fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Whitfield, Christopher -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1937.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.