Men & manners / by William Shenstone ; selected and introduced by Havelock Ellis.
- Additional Title(s):
Men and manners
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- , xxiii, , 97,  pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3677 .A7 1927Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- "This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham, Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, & completed on the 27th day of April, 1927. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The text is taken from the sixth edition, printed in 1791 for J. Dodsley in Pall-Mall. 500 copies have been printed, of which Nos. 1-260 are for the United States of America."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 48
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 355 of 500. Bound in brown quarter leather and brown boards.
"Essays on men & manners ... consists of occasional essays, and many reflections ... arranged under headings according to subject."--Page xxi. The present volume contains extracts from the reflections.
- Subject Terms:
- English essays.English wit and humor.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Manners and customs.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.