Together and alone : two short novels / by Christopher Whitfield ; with engravings by John O'Connor.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1945.
England : Chiswick Press, 1945.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-109,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6045.H58 T64 1945Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, and finished on the 4th day of July, 1945. The edition is limited to 500 copies printed on Arnold's mould-made paper in Blado Italic type, with Poliphilus Roman capitals. Composition and presswork under the supervision of F.J. Newbery at the Chiswick Press. Compositors: G.A. Terry and B.N. Thurlow. Pressman: H. Barker. Copies numbered 1-100 are bound in 1/4 white morocco; numbers 101-500 in 1/4 white canvas."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 165
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 7 of 500. Signed by the author and engraver. Bound in white quarter morocco with marbled cloth boards, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Chon -- 1945.English fiction -- 20th century.O'Connor, John -- AutographPrivate press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Whitfield, Christopher, 1902-1967 -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1945.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.