England and Wales / the map drawn & engraved by J. Rapkin ; the illustrations by N. Whittock & engraved by J. Rogers.
- London ; Edinburgh ; Dublin : J. & F. Tallis, [1851?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 31 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 3tYale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:2,534,400] -- (W 6°--E 2°/N 56°--N 49°).
- Map of England and Wales showing borders of counties in color. Also included are vignettes along the inside border featuring The grand stand of the race track, Doncaster; Oxford; Sunderland Bridge; Newcastle-Upon-Tyne; Entrance to Portsmouth Harbour; and London . Relief is shown by hachures.
Prime meridian: Greenwich.
From p. : Tallis's illustrated atlas and modern history of the world : geographical, political, commercial and statistical / edited by R. Montgomery Martin. London ; New York : John Tallis & Co., 1851.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Maps.Wales -- Maps.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.