Flinders, Matthew, 1774-1814, Matthew Flinders' narrative of his voyage in the schooner Francis, 1798 , 1946
- Matthew Flinders' narrative of his voyage in the schooner Francis, 1798 : preceded and followed by notes on Flinders, Bass, the wreck of the Sidney Cove, &c. / by Geoffrey Rawson ; with engravings by John Buckland Wright.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1946.
- Physical Description:
- 100,  pages : illustrations, maps ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU99 .F55 1946+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Matthew Flinders' Narrative has been designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, on Arnold's mould-made paper in 16 pt. Aldine Bembo type, with Centaur initials, designed by Bruce Rogers, and Lyons capitals, designed by Louis Perrin, upon the model of Latin inscriptions, in 1846. Composition and presswork, under the supervision of F.J. Newbery at the Chiswick Press, has been finished on the 30th day of October, 1946. Compositors: W.J. Sharp & H.W. Halls. Pressman: E. Wilkins. The edition is limited to 750 copies. Nos. 1-100 are bound in full green morocco."--Colophon.
Printed from the original manuscript, in the Victoria Public Library, which has title: Narrative of an expedition to Furneaux Islands on the coast of New South Wales.
"Bass's journal of the whaleboat voyage": pages 29-43.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 170
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 17 of 750. Bound in publisher's original green full morocco by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Australia -- Discovery and exploration.Australia.Bass, George, -1812?Discoveries in geography.Discoveries in geography.Flinders, Matthew, 1774-1814.Furneaux Islands (Tas.) -- Description and travel.New South Wales -- Discovery and exploration.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Sydney Cove (Ship)
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.