Dryden, John, 1631-1700, Songs and poems of John Dryden , 1957
- Songs and poems of John Dryden / chosen and introduced by Gwyn Jones ; drawings by Lavinia Blythe.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1957.
London : Chiswick Press, 1957.
- Physical Description:
- , 64 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 39 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 6Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed and published by Chrisopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, this edition of Songs and Poems of John Dryden is limited to 500 numbered copies. The text has been prepared by James Kinsley. The original spelling and punctuation have been retained, but some poems have been abridged, and Roman type has been used exclusively. The 'Golden Cockerel' 18 pt. type designed by Eric Gill has been hand-set and printed by the Chiswick Press. The pictures have been reproduced in colour-collotype by Waterlow & Sons. The rag-paper has been specially made by T.H. Saunders & Co. The 'Special' copies (No. 1-100), with an extra set of the eight pictures and eight of the drawings, have been hand-bound by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. Mansell's have bound the 'Standard' copies."--Verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 69 of 500. Bound in red and green morocco by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. In green buckram slipcase with extra set of eight pictures and eight drawing in green paper portfolio.
BEIN 2018 Folio 185: Copy number 149. From the Lesley Blanch papers.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 17th century.English poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Songs, English -- 17th century.Songs, English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1957.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.