The rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám : Edward Fitzgerald's translation reprinted from the first edition with his preface and notes ; drawings by J. Yunge Bateman.
- Additional Title(s):
- [London] : Golden Cockerel Press, 1958.
- Physical Description:
- 35,  pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPK6513 .A1 1958+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This Edition of The Rubáiyát has been designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford. The composition in Caslon's Old Face type and the presswork of the type and collotype on Millbourn pure-rag paper are by The Chiswick Press. The binding is by Mansell's. The edition is limited to 200 numbered copies, of which Nos. 1-75 are specially bound and issued with an extra set of the seven plates together with two more not printed in the book."--Verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 18 of 200, one of the 75 specially bound in gilt-stamped dark red morocco. Portfolio with extra prints is in publisher's dark red buckram envelope (housed separately). Lacks slipcase.
Golden Cockerel Press. Cock-a-hoop, 208
- Subject Terms:
- Persian poetry -- Translations into English.Persian poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1958.
Limitation statements (Publishing) -- Great Britain -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.