Milton, John, 1608-1674, Poems in English with illustrations by William Blake , 1926
- Poems in English with illustrations by William Blake : miscellaneous poems, Paradise regain'd & Samson Agonistes.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Poems. Selections.
- London : At the Nonesuch Press, 16 Great James Street, 1926.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3553 .B35 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title pages in red and black.
"The text of this edition of Milton's English poems is, by arrangement with the delegates of the Oxford University Press, that edited by the late Canon Beeching after the earliest printed copies of the several poems. The pictures have been chosen and titles by Geoffrey Keynes. This edition, printed and made in England, consists of 1450 copies in two volumes on Van Gelde rag paper for sale in England and America and 90 copies (the two volumes bound together) on Oxford India paper. The letter press has been printed in the Italic type of Blado by Walter Lewis, M.A., Printer to the University, at the Cambridge University Press; the collotype illustrations by the Chiswick Press, London, The arabesque ornaments have been designed by D.P. Bliss. The whole has been arranged by Francis Meynell."--Page  of volume 1.
Text edited by Canon Beeching. Pictures chosen and titled by Geoffrey Keynes.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 32
BEIN Ij M642 C900Bj: This is number 1013. v.1, not numbered.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks volume 2. Bound in vellum. British Art Center copy is "out of series for Ernest Dracolt from the Nonesuch Press."
- v. 1. Paradise lost -- v. 2. Miscellaneous poems. Paradise regain'd. Samson Agonistes.
- Subject Terms:
- Adam (Biblical figure) -- Poetry.Adam (Biblical figure) -- Poetry.Bible. O.T. Genesis -- History of Biblical events -- Poetry.Eve (Biblical figure) -- Poetry.Fall of man -- Poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Samson, (Biblical judge) -- Poetry.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.