Jonson, Ben, 1573?-1637, A croppe of kisses , 1937
- A croppe of kisses : selected lyrics of Ben Jonson / chosen, with an appreciation, by John Wallis.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Poems. Selections.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 48,  pages ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2603 .C76 1937+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page printed in red, green and yellow; colored initials.
"This selection of Ben Jonson's Lyrics has been printed to commemorate the poet's tercentenary by Christopher and Anthony Sandford & Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press,10, Staple Inn, London, and completed on Mid-summer's Day, 1937. The edition is limited to 250 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 121
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 61 of 250. Bound in publisher's original red quarter morocco and beige canvas boards; bound by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 17th century.English poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.