Narrative of a residence in Algiers : comprising a geographical and historical account of the regency, biographical sketches of the dey and his ministers, anecdotes of the late war, observations on the relations of the Barbary States with the Christian Powers, and the necessity and importance of their complete subjugation / by Signor Pananti ; with notes and illustrations by Edward Blaquiere ...
- Additional Title(s):
Aventure e osservazione sopra le costa di Barberia. English
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn, Conduit Street, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 467 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT189 .P36 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 302
BEIN Im B388 +Zz818P: Autograph of William Beckford. Book-plate of Rowland Burdon-Muller. William Beckford's copy, with his penciled annotations on fly-leaf.
English translation of: Aventure e osservazione sopra le costa di Barberia.
Colored aquatint by J. Clark; after Henry Parke.
Map and plan engraved by Sidney Hall.
Printed by W. Shackell, Johnson's-court, Fleet Street.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. "Books orders for the Northwich Reading Society, 1818" mounted to recto of second preliminary page.  p. of publisher's advertisements at end not included in pagination
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, North -- Description and travel.Algeria -- Description and travel.Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Autograph.Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Ms. notes.Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Ownership.Burdon-Muller, Rowland -- Bookplate.Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Shackell, W. -- Printer.
- Travel literature.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
Pananti, Filippo, 1766-1837, Narrative of a residence in Algiers , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.