The book of days of Llewelyn Powys : thoughts from his philosophy / selected by John Wallis ; printed, with an introduction by Llewelyn Powys and twelve etchings by Elizabeth Corsellis, at the Golden Cockerel Press.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- , 7-85,  pages : illustrations ; 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6031.O69 B66 1937+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed and published by Christopher and Anthony Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London, and completed on the first day of spring, 1937. The edition is limited to 300 copies. Nos. 1-5 are printed on lamb's vellum. Nos. 6-300 are printed on Batchelor hand-made paper with a special watermark designed by the artist. Numbers 1-55 are signed by the artist, specially bound and accompanied by an extra set of the same plates."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 118
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 37 of 300; signed by the artist. Bound in red morocco by Zaehnsdorf. The extra set of plates is removed to a separate folder.
- Subject Terms:
- Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Etchings -- 1937.
YCBA Collections Search
Powys, Llewelyn, 1884-1939, The book of days of Llewelyn Powys , 1937
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.