National Portrait Gallery (Australia), Uncommon Australians , 2015
Uncommon Australians : the vision of Gordon and Marilyn Darling.
- Canberra : National Portrait Gallery, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 139 pages : color illustrations ; 33 cm
- Reference LibraryN3917 .A542 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Introduction by Sarah Engledow.
Exhibition March 6 - June 14, 2015.
This exhibition showcases portraits acquired through the generosity of the National Portrait Gallery' s Founding Patrons, L Gordon Darling AC CMG and Marilyn Darling AC and pays tribute to the Darlings' persistence in turning their private dream of a gallery of portraits of 'uncommon Australians' into a tangible collection in a purpose-built home.
- Subject Terms:
- Darling, Gordon -- Art patronage.Darling, Marilyn -- Art patronage.National Portrait Gallery (Australia) -- Exhibitions.Portraits, Australian -- Australia -- Australian Capital Territory -- Exhibitions.